How can we improve Safe PST Backup?

Make the failure message more helpful, why PST Backup "Failed to back up"?

I think the failure message is not specific enough. I tested with the free version and get the message
"Failed to back up". Then I'm searching and asking myself, why. In my part the answer was that I cannot backup on a network drive in the free version. A more helpful message can save me so much time and offers me my solution, You like to use network path?, then buy the enterprise version (-:.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zappo zeppo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The message "Failed to back up" is a nonsense message. No help is providede to understand failure reasons.

I have been in trouble with same message, with PST backup saving on another internal disk of the same PC, so no Network.
        I tried to unistall / reinstall / reconfigure everithing but the error remained.

Online helpdesk from 4team insisted for errors into my Outlook PST's, but I demonstrate them that same PST's moved on another machine gave no errors and backups were OK.

Finally, I decided to delete my existing Safe PST backups (Sich ...!!!) and reinitialized the softtware.
        All problems disappeared, with same PST's and same machine.

Safe backup PST is evidently sometime introducing erros into it's own generated PST's and it is not able to correct / recover erros by itself.
        It should be useful to introduce some periodical "autocheck" routine, otherwise this very nice program risks to become unsafe.

ZZ

• Marjoleine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The back up system functioned ok for a month but suddenly the status of of the safe PST Backup Free Edition is Failed to back up. When I start the back up manually I get the same message. What to do?

Feedback and Knowledge Base